Good evening, Pack 359 Family!
Tomorrow is our 1st official Den meetings of the new year. Meetings start at 6:30 pm at Whitehouse UMC. The 1st 2 meetings will be dedicated to building and firing off rockets. Your Den Leader will also discuss important items involving the upcoming year.
New parents, if you are still interested in joining, please come tomorrow night. It's never too late.
We still need these items for a majority of families:
1. Health Forms – We need these completed and turned in for all Scouts and any family member planning to participate this year. Copy of your medical insurance needs to attached. If we can get them all turned in at the beginning of the year for EVERYONE, it will limit the amount of times you have to print it out during the year. We will carry the health forms to all Pack related activities. I have attached the health forms. Save it to your computer.
2. Registration Fees – Our annual registration with the BSA. Unfortunately, prices have increased through the national office. The cost is $30 per Scout for new Scouts, and $50 per Scout for returning Scouts. You must register and pay online at etacpack359.org/register. We will be monitoring payment, and your Scout will be asked to not participate until payment has been made.
3. YPT – We ask that all adults complete this training online at my.scouting.org. You will be emailed a certificate after completion. We will need a copy of the certificate. YPT must be completed by Sept. 30, but get it done now!
4. Talent Release – Allows us to publish photos, etc of your Scout in newspapers, Facebook, online, etc.
5. Parent Talent Survey – Tell us about yourself. We may ask you for some help.
6. New Scout Applications – Please complete for each Scout enrolling. We handed these out at the 2 previous parent meetings. Please print legibly. I will have extras at the meeting on Monday.
All forms (except the applications) needed for Monday are attached. Please bring them to us completed.
Here are the room assignments for tomorrow's meetings:
1. Lions/TIgers/Arrow of Light – Pike Hall
2. Wolves – Discovery Room
3. Bears – Conner Hall
4. Webelos – Outside Pavilion
Remember, Field (Class A) uniform is encouraged at all meetings unless otherwise specifed. If you don't have a uniform yet, it's OK…..we just ask that you have them by the 1st Pack meeting at the end of October.
Please be courteous of the space that the Church provides us. No running, yelling, etc. Parents, please keep an eye on your Scout. Absolutely no one is allowed UPSTAIRS.
I'm looking forward to an exciting year!
Yours in Scouting,
D. Jason Phillips