Hello, Pack 359 Family,
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!! I hope you're putting the kids to work at home while they're on break.
Den meetings will resume Monday, January 8 at 6:30 pm at the church. We only have 3 available Den meetings until the Pack meeting at the end of January
Here is the line-up for Spring:
- PWD Build Day – Saturday, January 13 from 9 am to 2 pm in the Fellowship Hall at the church. This is an excellent way to get a head start on your PWD cars. We will have stations for sawing, drilling, sanding, filing, etc. Please see attachment.
- University of Scouting – Saturday, January 27 at the Palestine Junior High. A full day of Scouting classes for interested adults. Please see Jason Beaton's email from 12/8/17. http://etacpack359.org/uos-2018/
- Pinewood Derby Race Day – Saturday, February 17 at Pollard UMC in Tyler. Registration will be Friday, February 16. Please see attachment.
- District Pinewood Derby – Saturday, February 24 at Pollard UMC. Top 2 places in each category from each den is invited to participate in the district's PWD.
- Spring Break Trip – Saturday, March 10 – Wednesday, March 14 at Berry Springs Park near Austin, TX. Space is limited for this, so I must have RSVPs. Only 17 campsites available that will hold 8 campers. Tents only, no campers. We have activities planned for the caverns nearby and also a possible trip to the State Capitol. Meals are per family/campsite. No Pack meals will be prepared. If you are wanting to go, you will need to pay $20 to hold your site. This is non-refundable. Please wait to RSVP when the official email for the trip is sent out.
- Arrow of Light Crossover – Monday, March 26 at the church. Our eldest Scouts crossover to Boy Scouting. An awesome experience for participants and spectators!
- Blue & Gold Banquet – Saturday, April 14 at UT-Tyler Ornelas Center. Our end of year banquet where our Scouts advance to the next rank.
- Mothers' Day – Sunday, May 13. Threw this in here so you don't forget
- Spring Family Camp – Friday, May 18 – Sunday, May 20. Last official function until summer activities begins at the end of June.
That is all for now.
See you next Monday!
Yours in Scouting,
D. Jason Phillips