Good morning Pack 359,
We have several upcoming events and other information so please read to the bottom.
1. Tyler Rose Parade – this Saturday, October 19. Here are the details on the parade.
We will be #3 in the lineup behind the City of Tyler Fire Truck. The parade route is about 1.25 miles.
Gathering: We will gather at the intersection of Glenwood and Front Street between 7:30 and 8:00 am. Please be early! Parade security may keep latecomers from entering the route. The parade starts at 9:00 am. Sign in with your Den Leader
Parking: The best locations to park are Mike Carter Baseball Field or Peete Elementary School. Keep in mind that many of the roads in the area will be barricaded off. Peete is the closest to the starting line. Mike Carter is the closest to the end. It would be best to enter either parking area from Bellwood road. Stay away from Houston and Glenwood as traffic and participant congestion will be bad. Enter Bellwood from Gaston, Peach, or Lyons.
All Lions & Tigers must ride on the trailer that will be located at the Glenwood and Front Street location. All Lions & Tigers must have a Lion or Tiger parent walking in the parade. If a Lion or Tiger parent is unable to make the walk, they can ride on the trailer. All Scouts participating in the parade need to be in Field (Class A) uniform with neckerchiefs and hats (except LIONS, of course). Leaders, if you have a Field (Class A) uniform, please wear it. Also, any parents wanting to walk must wear a Pack T-shirt and pants/shorts. Be sure to wear closed-toe shoes. No flip flops.
Not all parents need to walk with their scouts. In fact, due to the number of boys, the parade has asked that we limit the number of parents. If you choose not to walk, here are some important things to know:
1. At the drop-off area, check-in with Den Leader. When the parade is over, check out with either Den Leader when you pick up your Scout.
2. The parade will end at Rose Stadium. Parents, please watch the parade route and stand at the exiting side of Rose Stadium.
3. You can stay and watch the parade, but please pick up your child first so our parent walkers can leave.
One more tip, bring chairs/cooler with water for the parade.
This is an excellent time to show off our Pack as we lead the parade!! I would love to have as many SCOUTS as possible. The AOL and Webelos will be carrying the Flags for the parade.
2. Popcorn Take Orders are due next Monday at the Pack meeting. Popcorn will be ready for delivery around Thanksgiving.
3. Fall Family Camp is November 8-10 at Pirkey Environmental Park in Hallsville. This is our first camping event for the year and we hope to see everyone there. If you have questions about gear or are in need please let us know ASAP so that we can be sure to have what is needed.
Yours in Scouting,