Hi Scout Team!
The month of April has flown by!! I will be at a Leadership Tyler retreat next week and might not get back in time for Scouts – so be working on your Physical Fitness activities! We have almost run out of electives so we might have a break until we work on “Spirit of the Water!!” If you were not able to come Tuesday, I have a “Digging in the Past” elective supply bag for you!!!
Here are the requirements for “Paws of Skill” physical fitness requirements:
1. Talk with your family or den about what it means to be physically fit.
Share ideas of what you can do to stay in shape.
2. With your family or den, talk about why it is important to stretch
before and after exercising. Demonstrate proper warm-up movements
and stretches before and after each activity you do that involves action.
3. Select at least two physical fitness skills and practice them daily for
two weeks. See if you can improve during that time. You can choose push-ups, sit-ups, jumping jacks, or any other physical fitness skill.
4. With your family or your den, talk about what it means to be a
member of a team. Working together, make a list of team sports, and
talk about how the team works together to be successful. Choose one
and play or watch the game for 30 minutes
5. With your den, talk about sportsmanship and what it means to be a
good sport while playing a game or a sport. Share with your den how
you were a good sport or demonstrated good sportsmanship in
requirement 4. (optional but easy)
6. Watch or participate in any sporting event with your family or your den. Look for ways the
team works together. Share your visit with your den. (optional but easy)