Hello, Pack 359 Family!! I hope all Cowboys Overnighter particpants had a great time!!
Fall Family Camp is upon us, one of my favorite events of the year!!! LET YOUR DEN LEADER KNOW HOW MANY OF YOUR FAMILY PLANS TO ATTEND!DinnerDinner Clean-up – WolvesS'mores with your DenAll Scouts change into their uniformsCubs get ready for bedLights out for Cubs. Parents can quietly sit around the fire and chat.Breakfast with DenChapel Service
* Campout date is . If you can't make it Friday, come Saturday!!! If you can't camp at all, come out Saturday for the day and campfire.
* The Pack will provide meals for camp. For lunch and Sunday breakfast, it can be as simple as a sandwich or a meal prepared and shared with your Den (please check with your Den Leader). Most Dens plan to eat breakfast and lunch as a den.morning and evening. Parents/Dens will be responsible for night, lunch, and Sunday breakfast. For most families will stop and eat on the way to
–Morning: Breakfast Tacos
–Hamburger and hot dogs
5 Breakfast food prep and cooking – AOL/Tigers
8:30-9:30am Breakfast Clean-up – Webelos
Fishing Dock – Tigers
Fishing Dock – Wolves
family or Den Lunch with your
Fishing Dock – Bears
Fishing Dock – Arrow of Light
Fishing Dock – Webelos
Food prep and cooking – Bears
De-camp, Leave No Trace and return home at your leisure
* Permission forms will need to be filled out for each child, under the age of 21, attending the camp. This includes siblings. One form per child unless they share the same birth date and age. Even if you are only coming out for the activities and not going to camp we will need a permission form filled out. A copy of the form is attached.
* Health Forms must be completed for ALL participants. If you have not completed a health form, please bring a completed health form to camp. A copy is attached.
* Youth Protection Training should be completed by all adults attending. If you have not done YPT, please go to my.scouting.org to complete this training. It MUST be completed prior to attending family camp.
* Den Leaders will be planning theactivities for their Den outside of the fishing times and meal help times noted above. Please note that parents will need to also help with their Den during food prep, cooking and clean up.
* The campfire is a Field (Class A) Uniform event. Don't forget to bring these with you to the camp.
* Attached you will find a map to Pirkey Environmental Park. There is a guard house by the main gate where you may need to check in before entering the plant site.
* Be sure to bring fishing poles and bait.
* PACK FOR THE WEATHER!!! Gonna be cooler than this past weekend!
* NO smoking allowed at the campgrounds. If you must smoke, you must go to the parking area.
* WATCH YOUR SCOUTS/KIDS!!!
* One final note: If you need any camping gear, tent, sleeping bag, cook stove, etc. let me know. I have several extras so I just need to know how much extra to bring and for who.
Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me or your Den Leader.
Meeting Locations for tomorrow's den meetings:
Tigers – Discovery Room
Wolves – Pike Hall
Bears – Fellowship Hall
Webelos – off site. Brookshire's
AOL – upstairs room
Yours in Scouting,
D. Jason Phillips